Monday 18 April 2016

6b continued- tools

Reviewing literature


 I did touch on this subject in a previous blog (Reader 6- Food for thought), commenting on how I have gathered articles, journals etc in the past as a way of furthering my knowledge within my chosen career. I find reviewing Literature is a great way of research  as often they give in depth detail of a particular subject e.g 'funding for arts in care' focusing in on this so I can collect many notes and facts on it.
   I think it is important to find literature from a number of sources e.g magazines, online blogs, essays from books, newspapers etc as they are all written very differently so you gain info in a variety of ways, therefore expanding your knowledge on many levels. Keeping up to date with current affairs within your trade is extremely important, as in order to move forwards and progress yourself, you must be aware and up to speed with anything happening in your field so you stay ahead of the game. For example, whenever 'care homes uk' publish a new article about entertainment I always ensure I read and review it, taking into account any positive and/or negative comments about the industry, and reflecting how I can adapt to changes in the industry to suit my performances.
    However when reviewing literature, it is important to take into consideration who has written it, and what viewpoint they will already have on this subject. For instance an article written by an entertainer who themselves work within care homes, will have a completely different viewpoint from a journalist writing about funding within the arts, or a scientist writing about the neurological affects on the arts. I find gathering as many different viewpoint as possible helps establish an unbiased overall inquiry, as many professional opinions will be reviewed and reflected upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment