Monday 18 April 2016

6b- tools

Observations

I have decided to do both observations of others (rehearsals for shows) as well as observations during my own performances (how residents act, react and the feedback).

Observations

  I think this will be beneficial for my research as, although other people can be interviewed and surveyed, using this tool I can see first hand the performances and reflect and critique what I feel works and what could be improved. With the consent of the participants, I plan to video record the rehearsal sessions, so I can look back upon them repeatedly to make notes and to analyse in detail. My accounts of these observations will be of a qualitative nature, as I feel quantitive would not be useful for my inquiry. The downside to this tool is just how time consuming it would be to attend multiple rehearsal sessions, then recording the findings from them. However I do feel the positives outweigh this, so I am prepared to take the time to do this in order to get the most from my inquiry.

This is all further explained in a previous blog- More thinking points Reader 6

No comments:

Post a Comment