Monday 18 April 2016

Task 6c- Award Title

   This has been something that has been bothering me for weeks now, choosing my award title for my degree. I trained in Musical Theatre and continue to work in this field so at first thought this would be the natural choice for me. But then I got to thinking about my career since leaving college and the work I have done and continue to do and it covers such a wide range of genres and styles. One day I am performing a pop show as part of a UK theatre tour, the next a 1940s corporate gig, to a country and Western show in a care home. It covers so much more than just musical theatre so I decided the best choice would be 'Performing Arts'.
   The title 'Performing Arts'  can be an umbrella for a many number of things that suit my expertise and career not just as a performer but as a teacher. I pride myself on being an all rounder of singing dancing and acting, so this would be most suitable. I feel the title 'Musical theatre' would have fenced me in in terms of my skill set as my practice is much broader than this one genre. Also this way I am much more open to many other opportunities of a wide spectrum when other professionals with this title as it can be adapted to many things.

  Hopefully this title will be excepted and I cannot wait to gaining this qualification to further my career!

1 comment: