Tuesday 6 October 2015

First Skype Session!!

Wow! Well I have just had my first skype session of the course, lead by Adesola and Paula and including students from all three modules.

    If ever there was a significant moment in realising the importance of Web 2.0 and the ability to communicate over the internet it was this session.

  Going into the course I felt a little overwhelmed at the thought of studying again, how to approach the tasks, and if what I am doing is actually correct. Speaking to students who are either going through the same process, or who have been through it, I realise I am definitely not alone in this, and it takes a while to find your feet within your course and what approach you take. Listening to others opinions, concerns and challenges within the three modules has made me see the course as a whole and how each module leads to the next.

   Having this Skype network is so valuable as a tool, as sometimes simply working through the reader proves to be quite difficult, so being able to get feedback and opinions from both tutors and students opens the mind to many other possibilities you would not have got from a Web 1.0 reader.

   Adesola asked why we thought it was important to do a CV in module 1, and what people felt was the purpose on module 1 tasks. This was a defining moment for me seeing that it was all about self reflection. We must be able to evaluate ourselves in order to see where we are at, what we have achieved, looking back in order to be able to push forward. Hearing module 2 and 3 students speaking about their reflective and analytical tasks of others, it is crucial to understand ourselves and our own personal journey before trying to understand and analyse the journeys of others.

I now feel I can look at the course in a whole new light, constantly working on my growth and reflection of my professional practice, rather than feeling bogged down by tasks, now I understand their purpose.

Thanks for everyone involved and all the thought provoking ideas and feedback.
Look forward to the next session

No comments:

Post a Comment