Saturday 3 October 2015

Task 1A development of ' About Me'

So now I feel I am getting into the swing of things a little, feeling my way through in the hope I am doing it right. I've managed to look through other blogs from students past and present, and taken on board many things that I think will help me and work out my own path in professional practice.
    Past graduate Georgie Bird is an old classmate and friend of mine who took the course a couple of years back, so naturally I was drawn to look at her blogs for some inspiration and guidance from a peer. The first thing I thought was how well she had put across her personality and I could almost hear her voice as I read through the blogs. To me this is fantastic and crucial in blogging and development of professional practice through Web 2.0
   Surely as performers we are marketing tools for our product ,which of course is ourselves, so remaining too formal or robotic does not reflect ones true self. Whilst writing and communicating in a clear and coherent way, she still manages to put a certain flare and personality in her work which really stood out for me. Her 'about me' section is chatty, without being inappropriate, letting you into her world and her life experiences.
   When writing my own 'About Me' section I tried to draw upon this and create a profile which truly reflected me and my personality whilst remaining professional and being aware of who may view my profile. I edited it several times as I sometimes rambled or became too informal, but I feel I am now happy with the final edit and how others will view and perceive me.

Others choose to remain quite short and to the point, which I feel is a neat a clear presentation within your profile, and I understand why people do this. However, it almost become CV like and doesn't place a personal stamp on things in the way I wish to be identified and noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment