Sunday 15 November 2015

Reader 3- Initial Thoughts.. The networked Professional


   From my first day at college, I was always told the importance of networking in every possible way in order or succeed. I wasn't sure what this entailed... Should I hang around theatre stage doors in the hope of befriending a West End producer? Do I trail London's hotspots in case a top choreographer may be in a bar? I felt a hopeless, until after I graduated. I then naturally built up several networks without realising; My network of friends who are also in the same profession, co workers past and present, a network of previous employers, choreographers and directors. Once I started teaching, I quickly built up a network with others, building a reputation as a teacher,  gaining more and more work. Of course we cannot forget our Web 2.0 networks that are crucial in the advancing world of technology, (see previous blogs 'Task 1b- Web 2.0... A whole new world' and 'Task 1b..An ever changing Web 2.0' for further insight into this topic).
   After going through Reader 3 ,and the additional articles, I developed my understanding of networking and why it is so important within professional life. Reading practitioners theories gives me a clearer vision of my own journey and why I make certain choices. I have broken this down into separate sections that will be blogged in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment