Monday 2 November 2015

Journal writing



So as part of the module we are required to keep a journal in which we can note down experiences we have, interesting thoughts and queries we may find. Now I have never kept a journal before, and honestly, the thought baffled me a little. How would I start it? What would I put in it? How would u keep up with myself writing entries? I decided to begin going through reader 2 and creating a 'mind map' of all the things I found relatable and interesting to my field . Just jotting small notes down to make it clear what I wanted to write up fully.


From here I began to write short entries, where I would reflect upon the thoughts brought up in the reader, and give an example of an experience I had that relates to it. I am finding this process so interesting as I am seeing aspects of both myself as a performer and a teacher;  how I use techniques mentioned by practitioners without even realising it. It has also really made me reflect upon myself and evaluate my  career experiences, and looking how I can further develop my skills in order to grow professionally.

I recommend journal writing to anyone as you will be surprised what you can learn from yourself, by simply noting down a few lines a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment